Thursday, August 14, 2008

ang aking asaynment

Parayno, Michelle C.
PSY 4-2
August 15, 2008
GROUP DYNAMICS


REFLECTION PAPER [Group Dynamics last August 11, 2008]

After going through an imaginary exercise, we were asked to draw the picture we had in mind with regard to our fears. At first, I honestly cannot think of any fear I have inside me. That is because I strongly believe that if you have already surrendered and entrusted your life to God, there is nothing to fear or worry about for the Lord is in control and his purposes are always for the good of those who love Him.

But I insisted, telling myself, “what if I have not entrusted my life to God, what would be my greatest fear?” Then it came to me that I am afraid of failure and of not achieving my dreams. I have shared this in class and was able to reflect on it. A classmate made this group activity very unforgettable for me when she told me, “baka ibibigay mo iyan [iyang fears mo] sa taong tutupad ng pangarap mo.” I know that what she meant is giving my fears to someone who is in the opposite sex. But I believe it is our Loving God, using my classmate’s lips, reminding me that, “there is nothing to fear my child. In this world you will have many troubles, but cheer up! I have overcome the world” [John 16:33]

I was really moved by my classmate’s statement and felt that the Lord was really with us that moment. This experience was very timely because I am presently struggling on dealing with my future career. I am soon to graduate, and being the eldest child in a broken family, sometimes makes me pressured to think about such things. I thank God for using this activity to remind me that He is God, I just need to be still.

No comments: